WE ARE HIRING a Lead Ontologist & Software Engineerhttps://www.odaseontologies.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Caroline Ernoult Caroline Ernoult https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/22e12f3dad16bbd5cba3cb689f386bd1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Thanks to more than 15 years of experience, we have been developing a wide scope of standard and tailor-made products and services covering a wealth of techniques, platforms and geographies, partnering with the most prestigious names in our industry. In partnership with our clients, we conceive innovative solutions through continuous R&D efforts and active team-working.
The company is part of a unique technological group based in Brussels, Belgium, gathering 49 eclectic people from 15 different nationalities, including numerous PhDs, a variety of complementary expertize fields, a marketing and commercial gospel as well as a caring HR and support team.
ODASE™ Ontologies is a young software company based in Brussels (Belgium). ODASE™ is the leading ontology-centric platform which revolutionizes the way mission-critical applications and systems integration are designed, built, tested and deployed.
ODASE™ offers a cost effective agile answer where business and IT are aligned on basis of a semantic model. The ontology.With ODASE™, ontologies (OWL, RDF), extended with declarative business rules (SWRL), define the business problem fully, in the language of the business. Based on formal logics, these ontologies can be tested and debugged declaratively, during the very early phase of the software development life cycle. Once validated, the specifications automatically become the IT implementation (the “executable software”), and turns the siloed data into a unified domain knowledge.
ODASE™ uses advanced software technologies such as parallel reasoning, declarative debugging, logic programming, and abstract interpretation.
The Job Description
In close cooperation with our technical and sales/marketing teams, you play a key part in the development of our ontology-centric activities. As an expert, you act as the client main point of contact at all stages of the project.
You will contribute to the development of our software and to the ongoing ODASE™ R&D. As Lead Ontologist, you will formalize business specifications applications – in many different business domains – by creating ontologies (combining OWL, RDF and SWRL) and you will turn these ontologies into high performance implementations (in Java or .NET).
- You answer questions that are raised during pre-sales activities.
- You analyze our customers’ needs and activities and formalize business specifications using our proprietary platform
- You are responsible for the clients’ training on our tools and the knowledge transfer to our customers and our junior team members
- You actively participate to our R&D recurrent brainstorming and developments in close relationship with academic partners.
You might be working on projects where travel is needed (up to 20%), and you are based in Brussels, Belgium
You know that mastering the duality of software complexity – complexity of the problems and complexity of the technology – will only be possible by means of a very rigorous and disciplined intellectual penetration of the problem domain, relying on powerful general tools for knowledge representation and manipulation. But you also know that these tools must integrate perfectly with the current procedural environment to deliver the benefits expected by the market.
- You have a Master degree or a PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences or Management Sciences
- You have excellent abstract reasoning and complex problem-solving skills
- You have a solid background or interest in software development using the Java and/or the .NET stacks.
- Preferably, you have experience with logic-based programming, knowledge representation and/or semantic web technologies
- Knowledge of the standards OWL, RDF and SWRL is a plus
- You have already gained a few years of experience in a client-oriented environment and have demonstrated an efficient communication, not only to understand the customers’ needs and activities, but also to solve potential issues and maintain this excellent communication
- You are fluent in French, and have a very good level of English
We offer you the perfect place to bring your passion for complex technological challenges into play and learn new skills in a family-minded, cutting-edge and very dynamic atmosphere.
You will be given the opportunity to work on challenging assignments and develop your potentials through very innovative projects. Moreover your evolution will be followed and you will be encouraged to attend training courses and conferences to broaden your knowledge and realize yourself.
You can also count on an open culture based on mutual trust and a respectful work/life balance – including flexible working hours and a teleworking policy – as well as a fair salary package and fringe benefits.
Interested? Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted In: